Frascati

image via 

One of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco is Frascati in Russian Hill. Carlos took me to Frascati for the first time for my first birthday weekend with him over eight years ago. I fell in love with the neighborhood charm of this small and intimate restaurant and with him. You are surrounded by locals with only a handful of tourists that have stumbled across the restaurant while riding the cable car along Hyde Street. The food is amazing and consistent. 

Some of our favorite dishes are the Russet Potato Gnocchi with Melted Leeks, Butternut Squash, Black Trumpet Mushrooms, Parmesan and White Truffle Oil (Carlos and I always split this since gnocchi can be so filling), the Maple Leaf Duck Breast with Herb Spaetzle, Hearts of Palm Salad, Wild Arugula, Scallions and Huckleberry Sauce and any of their fish dishes are always delicious. A must have for dessert is their Warm Black and White Chocolate Bread Pudding Hazelnut Ice Cream, Caramel and Chocolate Sauce, it is life changing! (This dessert is definitely to be shared between the two of you, but can even be split between four.) 

If you live in San Francisco and have not been to Frascati, make a reservation immediately. If you don't live here, but are planning to visit, jump on a cable car and head over to Frascati on Hyde Street. 

Carlos and I are heading to the relatively new Prospect restaurant (Nancy Oakes of Boulevard) on Friday night for DATE NIGHT! I will have to report back next week to let everyone know our thoughts.  Michael Bauer called Prospect a thoroughbred and gave it 3.5 stars. 
Frascati Ristorante on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. You are my inside source! I've never even heard of this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!