Savvy Summer Camp

Our first year of school is almost over for Landon!  He only has one month left of Kindergarten and then he will be a first grader.  I can't believe how fast this year has flown by.  With graduating from Kindergarten comes a bigger question - WHAT is he going to do all summer!  This is my first year of being introduced to all the summer camps that are out there for kids to keep them active and challenged during the summer months.  Not only does camp give them an opportunity to make new friends and have fun and great adventures, but it gives MOMMY (aka ME) a break.
image via Galileo
I've signed up Landon for four different summer camps that are spread out over the summer.  One of those camps is Camp Galileo!  I had heard great things about Camp Galileo from friends and when I checked out their website, I liked Galileo's mission - "To nurture and inspire a daring new generation of fearless innovators.  They combine art, science and outdoor activities with innovative themes that inspire collaboration and team building."

I also liked that every year, Galileo introduces new themes to inspire budding innovators. Each theme combines art, science and outdoor activities around a whimsical week-long narrative that’s crafted to keep kids giggling and engaged.  Landon is so excited for the theme for the week that he is attending: Space Odyssey: Cosmic Art and Rocket Science.  The themes are created together with Galileo’s fabulous curriculum partners at Klutz, The de Young Museum, The Tech Museum of Innovation and The Chabot Space & Science Center.

Discount code for Savvy in San Francisco readers: Right now until May 31st, Galileo is offering $25 off your camp registration fee with the code, 2013INNOVATE.  This is limited to one per camper at either Camp Galileo or Galileo Summer Quest.

Since I am a newbie at Summer Camps, share with me what camps are your favorites!  Do you have any tips for surviving the summer with little ones?

*Thank you to Galileo for sponsoring today's discussion!  I had already signed Landon up for Camp Galileo prior to being approached to partner with Galileo.  My opinions & thoughts expressed in this post are my own.

Cheers,





Pin It


4 comments:

  1. SFkids.org has a great database of summer camps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son, Big G will also be attending this camp in July in our area! We do camps through the city most of the time, so he can't wait for the change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done Scott Valley Swim and Tennis Club but have heard great things about the Galileo Summer program... may have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!