Tasty Treats - Waiheke Island Yacht Club

Gorgeous view of Coit Tower from the massive windows in the front of the restaurant, our beautiful table set for brunch and the open kitchen, which allows you to watch as your food is prepared!
Mixed melon salad with kaffir lime, mint granita & greek yogurt sorbet,  our hosts: Tony Stewart & Nisreen Gardner, our fabulous server from New Zealand and the delicious French toast & anglaise with coconut fromage, peaches, nectarine, maple and Heilala vanilla.
MOA Breakfast beer that was paired w/the French toast.  I am not a beer fan, but the MOA beer was a delicious pairing.
Pork Belly, abalone mushrooms, caramelized shallots, pickled red cabbage, hollandaise & free range eggs = WOW!
A couple weeks ago I was invited to a media preview brunch at Waiheke Island Yacht Club at Pier 29. Waiheke Island Yacht Club is a pop-up New Zealand restaurant that is here through December for the America's Cup.  They recently invited us to sample their new brunch menu that according to them is reflects their New Zealand sensibility in the San Francisco marketplace.  

I was pleasantly surprised how they could create such a cool and inviting space in a warehouse.  The food was delicious and the flavors did not disappoint.  If you are down by Pier 29 watching the America's Cup or looking to try a taste of New Zealand, I highly recommend trying Waiheke Island Yacht Club

*Brunch was provided gratis, but my opinions and my tastebuds are my own! 

Cheers,




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!