Savvy Travel: Provence Wine Region

I'm finally getting around to posting our trip to France and I thought I would share it in multiple posts since the posts will be so picture heavy.  It's so hard to not share all of the pictures that I took while in France, since everything is so breathtakingly gorgeous.

When we first arrived in Paris, we jumped on a train and headed down to Aix-en-Provence for the first half of our trip.  Carlos and I figured since we were going to be exhausted anyways that we should just get on a train and do all of our travel in one day.

One of our first adventures in Provence was to visit the Provence wine region.  We arrived in May while Rose season was in full swing (so you know I was in heaven).  We visited the Cotes de Provence & Bandol regions on a wine tour.  We went with a guided tour, Provence Wine Tours, to make sure we could maximize our wine country day with people that know the area well.

We visited Chateaux Vignelaure, which is this gorgeous estate that is in the foothills of Mont Sainte Victoire.  We toured the property and tasted their refreshingly crisp Rose and their famous full body red wines.  The second winery we visited was Chateau la Dorgonne which is set in the foothills of the gorgeous Luberon region.  There we tasted Rose (of course), a wide selection of reds and their very own olive oil that they produce.

It was the perfect "taste" of the Provence wine region and the perfect day getaway from Aix-en-Provence.

I have a lot more posts to share with you about our trip to France and a lot more of our summer adventures as well.  I've been busy enjoying my summer with all three kids and trying to soak up all of these summer moments with them before school starts.  But I do promise to start getting back to a more normal posting routine over here at Savvy in San Francisco.  I'm also still working hard on the blog makeover (which is taking forever mostly due to my indecisiveness).

What have all of you been up to this summer?  I would love to hear from you!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Cheers,




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!