Tasty Treats: S'mores Cookie Bars

I hope all of you are having a lovely week!  I thought I would share a tasty treat with you today.  This past weekend, my friend CC (who is an amazing baker), brought over some delicious S'mores Cookie Bars to our Superbowl party!  They were outrageously decadent!  The only change that she said she would change is that she would use regular size Hershey bars instead of king size Hershey bars (like the recipe calls for).  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
  • 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
  3. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
  4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 cookie bars.

Now I am off to go make some more kale chips to balance out the naughtiness of the s'mores bar bars I ate this weekend. This has been part of my "homework" for my New Year, New You session tomorrow that I am taking from the lovely Lacy & Lisa of Group Health Coaching (more posts to come on this).  

recipe and image via Lovin' from the Oven

11 comments:

  1. Wow this looks absolutely yummy!! Thank you for sharing this, I have to figure how to make a small batch so I dont end up eating the whole damn thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! She left us with a bunch of them and Carlos & I were fighting over them! So good! Just like having a s'more!

      Delete
  2. Yum yum, that looks great.I stared on them for a while wishing I could taste them right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are outrageously delicious! Definitely worth making!

      Delete
  4. Oh no...not another thing to bake... I have a weakness...and these look so good!
    XO Trina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! These are definitely worth giving into that weakness! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Those look diabolical! So happy to "meet" you through Alt Channel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I make these and cut them into heart shapes? is the cookie soft enough? can't wait to bake these!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you could. They might be a little messy with the gooeyness but it should work.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!