Tea - Fall 2011 Open Studio Event

I had the privilege of being invited to Tea's first Open Studio event for Fall 2011 for Bay Area Mommy Bloggers and local media.  Did I mention that the event was on June 9th (the evening before I went into the hospital to have Charlotte)?  She was agreeable with Mommy and decided to wait until Friday, so Mommy could attend this fun event.  Very nice of her! 

The Tea employees were so very hospitable and literally followed me around with a chair for me to sit in while we watched the different presentations.  It was an opportunity to see their new Fall collection that was inspired by the designers trip to Mexico.  This included taking inspiration from pottery, flowers and prints and turning those prints into fabric for their Fall line.   

I didn't know the story behind Tea and loved hearing how the two founders, Emily and Leigh, started Tea in Emily's living room in San Francisco.  Emily is on the left in the first picture with Alix from Modern Kiddo and myself.  Each Fall or Spring collection are inspired by a new destination - Barcelona & Brazil are past inspirations.  

I loved all of their vibrant colors, the texture of the pima cotton and the thought that goes behind the comfort but still stylish look of the pieces. 

They sent us all home with very generous gift bags that included adorable pieces of clothing for all THREE of my children and even some fun items for me.  I am in love with the colors and the pattern of the scarf they gave me!  Charlotte is modeling the layette hat and showing off my husband's excellent swaddling technique with Tea's layette blanket.  

Thank you to all of the employees at Tea for hosting such a fun event and for all of the wonderful treats you sent us home with.  I look forward to putting the kids in the other pieces and hopefully being able to capture them on camera in them!

Right now through Wednesday (6/29), Tea is taking an additional 20% all of their sale items and free shipping for any order over $50! Happy shopping!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Share your thoughts or questions here!